REGIONAL CLINICS:

It is with immense pleasure that we announce that we are re-commencing our regional clinics in 2018.

Our first clinic will be at Berri:

Riverland General Hospital,

Consulting Suites

Please present to the Main Entrance and follow the signage. The admin staff at desk are happy to help guide you to the Consulting Suites.

This visit will be 1 and ½ days only.

Appointments available Monday 5/2/2018  9am to 5pm

AND

Tuesday 06/02/2018  9am to 1pm

There are limited appointment times available, so please contact our office to secure your time.

These regional visits have been very successful in other areas and appointment times fill quickly so please make your booking early to avoid disappointment.

Please Note: Appointments are primarily for existing patients who require follow-up appointments. We have very few limited times for new patients

Please contact our office on 8344 3338 to make an appointment.

A second clinic is planned for Port Lincoln on February 26th and 27th. Details will be advised as soon as they are confirmed.

NOW OPEN MONDAYS

We are now open on Mondays again, accepting appointments for all services, including vision assessments and Vision Therapy.

NEW COLOURING COMPETITION

Make sure to get your entry in to our Australia Day colouring competition. The lucky winner will receive a double movie pass!


Welcome…

The Vision and Learning Institute is a Behavioural Optometry practice. We are one of the few Vision and Learning clinics in Australia.

What is Behavioural Optometry?

Behavioural Optometry is an expanded area of optometric practice. Your visual status and the way that you interpret what you see does not depend solely on how clear your eyesight is. Consideration must be given to all your visual, visual motor and visual perceptual skills.

In this way we will consider the remediation of any eyesight difficulties and the benefits of prevention, protection and enhancement of your visual system in order to improve all aspects of your visual performance.

 Goals of Behavioural Optometric Care…

  1. To develop and enhance the visual skills needed to achieve more effective visual performance at work and play (classroom, sports and work place).
  2. To provide appropriate lenses for vision or eye problems that have already developed (eg. eye turn, short or long -sightedness).
  3. To prevent vision problems and eye problems from developing.

Did you know…

  • Vision develops after birth and is influenced by the visual environment and the individual’s experience. If a person’s visual system has not developed adequately, visually demanding activities may lead to inefficient or uncomfortable vision.
  • Vision’s role is to gather information, sort, analyse, store, match, recall and direct action.
  • Learning is accomplished through complex and inter-related processes. Your eyes and the visual system grow and develop from the brain, making vision a fundamental factor in thinking and learning.
  • Almost 80% of information in the classroom is obtained through the visual system.
  • How efficiently we learn to see will effect how well we do at school and in today’s society, how successful we will be in our chosen career.
  • Over 85% of our clients are less than 15 years of age. The other 15% are adults of all ages and even elite sportsmen/women!