Update 18th November 2020
Regional Clinic dates Port Lincoln 22-23 of March and 6-7 April.
New Online Booking Tool!
If you’d like to book an appointment, please try out our new online booking tool!
The Vision and Learning Institute is a Behavioural Optometry practice. We are one of the few Vision and Learning clinics in Australia.
What is Behavioural Optometry?
Behavioural Optometry is an expanded area of optometric practice. Your visual status and the way that you interpret what you see does not depend solely on how clear your eyesight is. Consideration must be given to all your visual, visual motor and visual perceptual skills.
In this way we will consider the remediation of any eyesight difficulties and the benefits of prevention, protection and enhancement of your visual system in order to improve all aspects of your visual performance.
Goals of Behavioural Optometric Care…
- To develop and enhance the visual skills needed to achieve more effective visual performance at work and play (classroom, sports and work place).
- To provide appropriate lenses for vision or eye problems that have already developed (eg. eye turn, short or long -sightedness).
- To prevent vision problems and eye problems from developing.
Did you know…
- Vision develops after birth and is influenced by the visual environment and the individual’s experience. If a person’s visual system has not developed adequately, visually demanding activities may lead to inefficient or uncomfortable vision.
- Vision’s role is to gather information, sort, analyse, store, match, recall and direct action.
- Learning is accomplished through complex and inter-related processes. Your eyes and the visual system grow and develop from the brain, making vision a fundamental factor in thinking and learning.
- Almost 80% of information in the classroom is obtained through the visual system.
- How efficiently we learn to see will effect how well we do at school and in today’s society, how successful we will be in our chosen career.
- Over 85% of our clients are less than 15 years of age. The other 15% are adults of all ages and even elite sportsmen/women!